SCHOOL OF MUSIC
A distinctively strong School of Music integrating academic excellence, professional efficiency, competency and musical skill, meeting individual and communal needs towards building up and enhancing a quality of life in a humane society.
Commitment to provide musical education that will enhance the development of high quality musicians.
Commitment to an education which promotes the continuing search and application of musical knowledge, skill and abilities that stir full intellectual and spiritual capacity of the individuals.
Involvement in music education that is Filipino, as well as having international prospective, relevant to Philippine needs and conditions which contribute to the total national development as well as international friendship and understanding.
The School of Music expects its graduates to:
- Became aware on the state of Philippine music in particular and Philippine culture in general. They are expected to be future leaders in the preservation of Philippine traditions and customs.
- Acquire total musical education and fine musical taste through practical, traditional and historical studies.
- Promote high quality fine music that will inspire the youth to become morally upright citizens with sound attributes.
- Develop competency, efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of music instructions in both the Elementary and Secondary levels.
- Discover and develop potential musical talents who may later become assets in the field of music and to the nation as a whole.
- Participate actively in civic and cultural affairs and thus contribute to the goals of national development.
- Revive, activate and enhance Philippine music and culture by becoming effective leaders and members of the fine music profession.
Approximate member of music graduates annually from different music schools in the country is less than fifty so that music teachers are so much in demand that even undergraduates area already hired and employed as mentors in both public and private schools. Music organizations like symphony orchestras, military city and municipal bands, professional choral and instrumental groups and ensembles, church and other religious organizations are other sources of employment. They are hired as singers, pianist, organist, instrumentalist, impresarios, and conductors. Some devote their time to teaching applied music individually while others perform in theaters, parks, hotels and restaurants here and abroad.
- Composition (Classic, Pop, Church Music)
- Voice (Classic, Pop, Theater, Church Music)
- Piano (Classic, Pop, Oido)
- Guitar (Classic, Chordal accompaniment)
- Violin (Individual or group lessons)
Two-year non-degree specialization course
- French Horn
Class or group Lessons
- Note Reading (Solfeggio)
- Music Fundamentals and Dictation
- Choral Arranging - SA, SSA, T, TTB, SATB
- Rondalla Arranging
- Band Conducting Course (two-year non-degree cource)