SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL & HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
The school of IHM is one of the pioneer schools in the Philippines. Our faculty members are from both industry and from the academe. Some of our lecturers have international training and exposure who utilize a wide range of teaching methods to ensure a rich and exciting classroom experience for our students.
To instill the Augustinian values to our graduates to be globally competitive in the Hospitality/Tourism industry.
To produce well rounded graduates who are innovative, passionate to their craft can influence and inspire the young generation, possessing the right attitude, proper knowledge, Lccian values and with purpose for social transformation.
Graduates of School of International Hospitality Management are expected to demonstrate the following:
- To make English as a mode of communication
- To provide professionalism and business ethics
- To assist the students in the realization of their business goals
- To hone students skills and competencies in their chosen field in the Hospitality/Tourism industry
- To use contemporary learning techniques while preserving the real essence of catholic education
- To produce graduates who will be globally competitive and instill the Augustinian values in their workplace
The program is designed to develop the essential skills in hotel and restaurant management. Students develop proficiency in front and back of the house of the hotel industry, as well as learning sales and marketing, accounting, property management systems, communications. Restaurant management, food and beverage control is also part of the curriculum.
To fulfill this goal, the School of Hotel & Restaurant and Tourism Management strives to perform the following:
- Maximization of academic potentials of its students and faculty members by giving the respect and highest regard to the existence of a multi-cultural environment.
- Magnify the scholarship and academic horizon of students for analytical and creative attitudes towards human growth and development.
- Advocating the students to participate in the promotion and expansion of socio-cultural education in both local and international concern.
- Rendering the capacity of the students for service by enhancing world peace.
- Stipulation of research culture to better equip the students with extra skills and opportunity to appreciate indigenous and foreign culture;
- Wholesome community project-involvement; and
- Periodic training through meetings, talks, seminars, workshops, and other related activities for future highly ethical Entrepreneurs and Managers.
The program is designed to prepare students to develop basic and advanced culinary arts skills attainable from the techniques of classical cuisine, marketing, and food and beverage management that are essential for a successful career in the culinary arts industry.
The student will develop a professional vocabulary of terms related to food and its preparation. Learn foodservice management principles and applications including: menu development, food costing, ordering and inventory, and staff scheduling and management.
Travel Management Program produces graduates with broad perspective in the travel industry with an emphasis on tourism. Graduates will understand different cultures impacts, travel operations, MICE, tourism planning & development.
LCCM operates an on-campus travel agency which features a computerized reservation system used to book flights on airlines by travel agents, tour operators and cruise lines.
Our graduates of IHM will be geared to be in various departments in the Hospitality industry such as Food & Beverage, Front Desk, Culinary, Events Planner and Operations. In addition, our graduates will be able to manage the different components of the organization such as Sales, Marketing, Human Resource, and Finance. Those students who have completed the Tourism program will be able to learn about the travel and airline business.
- Hotels (Deluxe, First Class, Standard, Economy)
- Restaurants (Fine-dining, Semi-Casual, Theme Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bars),
- Cruise Lines
- Academe & Culinary Schools and other fields which are Hospitality Related.
- Foodservice Facilities - Bartender, Barista, Food Attendant, Cashier, Receptionist, Management-Trainee, Shift/Dining Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Area Manager, Quality Assurance Auditor
- Kitchen Brigade - Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Partie
- Lodging Facilities - Concierge/Front Desk/Housekeeping Staff / Manager, Banquet Coordinator, F&B Manager/Director, Resident Manager
- Foodservice and Lodging Business - Catering, Bakeshop, Restaurants, Bar, Spa
- Other Hospitality - Related - Ground/Flight Stewardess, Tour Agent/Coordinator, Professor/Instructor/Consultant
One of the few schools that provides PACUCOA Level II Accredited BSHRM program